Monday 11 April 2016

Review - Mama Bee Belly Butter

When I first announced that I was pregnant a lot of the advice that I received from those who had been pregnant before, was to get some cream on that stomach now, to help reduce stretch marks before they even start.

After some research, reading a lot of blogs and watching a lot of YouTube videos I decided to try Mama Bee Belly Butter from Burt's Bees.



I bought the belly butter (I just love that name) from Boots for £13.99 for 185g which I think is a fair price if it is going to help.

I love the packaging, it is simple with a cute bee on the front, easy to open and scoop out which is what you need when your hands are slippery from applying the product.

The butter itself is a combination of Cocoa, Shea and Jojoba Butters which creates a pleasant but not overpowering natural smell. The texture is lovely, it is thick but after a good rub into the skin sinks in really well and I just really enjoy rubbing it round and round my belly as it feels really soft and connects me to my child inside.



After using it for about two weeks my stomach, back, chest and top of my legs all feel softer than usual. No sign of any stretch marks yet, but I can't put that down to the butter yet as it is still early days. Will report back a lot later on in the pregnancy to whether I think it helped. But all in all it makes me feel good, and that in itself is worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment